Houston Window Replacement Experts
There are many reasons that you may need to take on a window replacement project for your Houston home. Contrary to popular belief replacing your homes windows is just as exciting as any other interior design or Houston home improvement projects. There are a plethora of different Houston window replacement options available to you… which can be a little overwhelming at times. That’s where the Renaissance Windows & Doors Houston window replacement experts come in. Our team can help you filter through all of the window replacement terminology, replacement window manufactures, materials, sizes & colors, the do’s and the dont’s and EVERYTHING in between. We are proud to have served the window replacement needs of the Greater Houston Area including: West University, Bellaire, Memorial City, Piney Point, River Oaks, Hedwig Village, The Heights, Meyerland, Sugarland, The Woodlands, Spring, Katy, Pearland etc.. for over 20 years.
Replace or Repair?
Your house may not be able to actually speak to you, but nevertheless, it gives you signs when something’s not right. A home’s windows are particularly communicative. Although they don’t last forever, high-quality, well-maintained windows should last for 20 years or more, but there are many factors at play. We have found that many homeowners are often confused and wonder if they need to replace their home windows or can they repair the windows that they already have. The truth is that very seldom is there a simple answer for this question and we always suggest taking advantage of our free of charge in-home consultation where one of our specially trained replacement window experts will visit with you at your home, evaluate the condition of the windows you have and discuss your best course of action with you.
Factors That Determine Window Replacement Over Window Repair from The Houston Window Replacement Experts
- Cracked or broken glass (Safety as well as visual acuity).
- Rotting or split muntins, (The vertical pieces of wood separating panes of glass).
- Upper or lower sashes which are unable to move (From layers of paint, coming off-track, or broken or nailed cords on sash weights).
- Missing or rotting drip (The exterior “shield” above the top of the window).
- Loose, cracked, rotting, or missing exterior casing (trim).
- Missing or brittle putty holding glass panes to the muntins.
- Excessive water infiltration.
- They’re damaged, warped, or broken.
- You just survived a severe storm. (We’re looking at you Hurricane Harvey)
- You want to reduce your energy bill.
If your windows have two or more of the problems listed in this replacement window checklist, it is likely time to replace rather than repair. Find more information on leaking/foggy windows contact our Houston Window Replacement Experts here.
Your window replacement project begins with picking the criterion that is most important to you regarding the performance of your new windows such as: strength, durability, maintenance, aesthetics and efficiency. Choose one or choose all, either way we have a window replacement option that will work for you. You should also speak with your Renaissance Windows & Doors window replacement consultant about the many different replacement window styles available in today’s market. Outfit your home with Fiberglass, Vinyl, Wood, Aluminum, Clad or even Bronze replacement windows. Consider whether double hung windows, single hung windows, casement windows, picture/fixed windows, sliding windows, bay windows or bow windows work best for your purposes taking into consideration the design of your home. With so many options available you are free to keep your window style the same and just upgrade your current products or spice things up a bit. All of our Houston Replacement Window Experts have decades in the window replacement industry and are available to you at anytime for the duration of your replacement project so please contact us if you have any questions while making your choice.
By The Way...
No matter which direction you take or who you enlist to assist you with your Houston window replacement project you should also make sure that you are 100% in the know at all times. Other things to consider or speak with your Houston Window Replacement Consultant/Contractor about some of the items below….
When looking at replacement windows and their warranties, ask these questions:
- Do you offer a warranty on all your windows?
- How long is the warranty valid for?
- Does the warranty cover all parts?
- Is the warranty limited or full?
- Does the warranty cover labor?
- How easy is it to register for the warranty?
- How soon can I expect my window to be fixed or replaced while under warranty?
- Is the warranty transferable (passed along to subsequent homeowners)?
You’ll need a clear idea of the timeline for the installation process in order to accommodate your own schedule. Be sure to ask how the timeline could be impacted by changes in the weather. You’ll want to make sure that your window replacement contractor has a clear idea of the project scope and timeline before beginning. Do not contract a window installer who gives you too vague of a time estimate. This is especially true for larger projects, since a poorly planned window installation can put a major strain on your home life. When considering timelines be sure to ask questions surrounding common installation concerns such as:
- How will the installer protect my home’s interior and exterior during the installation?
- Will they clean the work area after they have completed the project?
- Will you need to be present in the home while installation is taking place?
- How long will the installation take?
- How might weather impact the timeline?
- How will your home be protected (inside and out) during installation?
- Do you need to be present during installation?
Window replacement contractors should always be willing and able to walk you through all the steps of the process and keep you informed of the status throughout the project. This shows that they are knowledgeable, but also that they will be good communicators as the project continues.
Navigating thorough the window and door replacement industry can be a pretty daunting task if you don’t have a basic understanding of some of the terminology used by professionals in the. Our team has put together a comprehensive glossary of relevant terms that may help you better understand the products, processes, energy efficiency and specifications related to your project.
See our Glossary here